1. Keeping your files safe and secure is priority number one when it comes to organizing your office space. Adding organization to your home filing system can be a breeze with a metal vertical file cabinet. Vertical file cabinets have drawers that extend out from the short side of the cabinet and come in a variety of drawer options.
2. If you're feeling vertically challenged, consider a metal lateral file cabinet to house your file folders. Lateral file cabinets have drawers that extend from the long side of the file cabinet. One of the main advantages of lateral file cabinets is that it's often easier to access and view files because the drawers don't extend as far as with a vertical file cabinet.
3. The number of drawers you need depends on both the amount of storage space you require as well as where you plan to place your metal filing cabinet. A two-drawer metal file cabinet can be easily stored beneath a work surface and is ideal for use alongside a desk or in an office.
4. If you're looking for a metal file cabinet that goes beyond the basics, consider a specialty metal file cabinet. Specialty cabinets offer everything from extra drawers to store office essentials and your stash of snacks to open shelving for easy access.
5. Protect your files from flood, fire, and famine (or at least the first two disasters) with a fire-resistant or water-resistant metal file cabinet. These features will have you resting easy knowing your files will be safe no matter what.
6. How much stuff do you need to store? There's no sense in buying a file cabinet if you end up setting stuff on the floor. Make sure your metal file cabinet has enough drawer space to store all of your documents, files, and other essentials. Choose from a selection of two-drawer, three-drawer, or four-drawer metal file cabinets.
7. There's no sense in storing files if the fit isn't right. Make sure to choose a metal file cabinet with the appropriate width, depth, and height for the files you'll be storing to make sure they stay secure, unwrinkled, and pristine.
8. Need to take your files on the go? A mobile file cabinet or rolling file cabinet isn't exactly going to let you take your filing cabinet on the road, but you can take it from room to room or move it about your cubicle at will.
Find more information in our Metal File Cabinets Helpful Information section!